What Does Sweetbay Mean?
Darby Morris, owner & founder of Sweetbay Doula, has always had an affinity for trees. Considering Darby's diverse background (anthropologist, world-traveler, polygot, and more), it only made sense to name her doula company after the Sweetbay Magnolia tree.
Sweetbay Magnolias are known for their strength, flexibility and beauty. They can be found in both warm and cold climates, and are either deciduous or evergreen, depending on the environment. Their blooms are not affected by frost so they are able to bloom into late spring.
In short, Sweetbay Doula, like it's namesake, is here to be highly-resilient, flexible, and open-minded in all of the ways you as an expecting parent need.
Darby Morris, LCCE is a Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator and owner of Sweetbay Doula. Darby serves private clients, and volunteers at both San Francisco General Hospital (SFGH) and St. Luke’s Hospital as a birth and postpartum doula.
Darby first fell in love with the birthing process in 2008 when witnessing the birth of her friend's child. She believes in providing you a doula experience based upon continuing education and spreading that knowledge to you. You'll see Darby's passion for ensuring you have the most and best available information illustrated in the courses, certifications, and more below.
- Fundamentals of Breastfeeding for Professionals - Rebecca Elowen (IBCLC) - San Rafael 2018
- Lamaze Childbirth Education Workshop – Connie Sultana (DONA) – Santa Rosa 2017
- Birth Doula Workshop – Felicia Roche (DONA) – Alameda 2017
- Childbirth Education Workshop – Connie Sultana (DONA) – Alameda 2017
- Spinning Babies Certification – San Francisco 2017
- Breastfeeding Class – Tammy Morton – Chapel Hill, NC 2009
- Childbirth Education Workshop – Sheryl Mika (ICCE) – Chapel Hill, NC 2009
- Birth Doula Workshop – Ann Tumblin (DONA) – Chapel Hill, NC 2009
- Postpartum Doula Workshop – Rosemary Mason (DONA) – Chapel Hill, NC 2009
- Infant, Child, and Adult CPR - Belmont 2017
- Infant, Child, and Adult First Aid - Belmont 2017
- Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator - 2018
- Birthing from Within Childbirth Education Series - Shannon Padlog and Alli Cuentos - San Francisco 2018
- Childbirth Education Series - Rachel Yellin - San Francisco 2018
- Prenatal Partner Yoga – Britt Fohrman – San Francisco 2018
- San Francisco General Hospital
- St. Luke's Hospital